Resource EnergySystems (RES) provides highly customized energy management solutions to many ofthe world’s largest commercial real estate companies. At RES we develop andimplement energy strategies that reduce expenses, minimize risk and generateprofitable revenue streams. These strategies include energy procurement,providing redistribution calculations, conducting sustainabilityanalysis/reporting and other key energy related services.
The Director/Manager,Sustainability and Energy Efficiency oversees sustainability service offeringsto RES’ portfolio of national real estate companies including property auditand evaluation, program management, project analysis, benchmarking,implementation of energy conservation strategies, compliance reporting andother operational performance reporting.
- Planning and execution of sustainability and energy efficiency efforts including product offerings and alliances or partnerships.
- Perform and manage client benchmark calculations and reporting of utility consumption data from whole building operations to individual tenant level data using internal systems and EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager.
- Perform and manage verification services for clients to ensure accuracy of greenhouse gas calculations for benchmarking and reporting purposes.
- Develop sustainability programs for clients to align with corporate objectives including utility benchmarking, energy efficiency and carbon abatement projects, tenant engagement, waste diversion tracking, corporate and annual reporting, market analysis and LEED gap analysis.
- Participate in internal software development efforts as they relate to sustainability including identifying automation opportunities, requirements writing and system testing.
- Identify new business opportunities to provide sustainability and energy efficiency services to clients.
- Develop and maintain documentation of policies and procedures to align with relevant standards (ISO, etc.)
- Responsible for staying current on industry updates and trends and sharing information with management and the sustainability team.
- Lead internal sustainability efforts and encourage environmental stewardship.
- Provides guidance on sustainability program marketing, communication and outreach; oversees changes, updates and improvements to corporate sustainability marketing collateral.
- Indirectly leads team of Analysts supporting sustainability efforts.
- Train sustainability team and RES employees on relevant concepts and best practices to reduce corporate carbon footprint. Drive employee engagement.
- Coordinate and assign tasks to achieve sustainability objectives .
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/policy,engineering, business, economics, or related field. Advanced degree in environmental science, engineering,business, or economics preferred.
· 4 - 10 years previous related work experience,as well as 1 – 3 years supervisory or managerial experience preferred, but notrequired, with knowledge of energy calculations, sustainability and energyefficiency concepts required; commercial real estate experience preferred
· Design and implementation of sustainability andenergy efficiency projects and programs.
· Knowledge of carbon reporting protocols andsustainability reporting indices (e.g., Global Reporting initiative, Carbon DisclosureProject, Dow Jones Sustainability Index).
· Knowledge of EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager, mustbe able to model whole and partial building data in EnergySTAR PortfolioManager
· LEED certification, carbon management, energymanagement certification and/or carbon accounting experience
· An understanding of commercial building energyuse and distribution
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management, project management and follow through skills. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
· Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources andgenerate reports and graphics. Must be able to combine large volumes of datafor consolidated reporting.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to interface with all levels within our clients’ organizations.
- Produces timely and high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates initiative and shows the ability to take the lead on ad hoc projects.
- Demonstrated ability to logically, concisely, and persuasively present complex issues verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport, trust, and effective working relationships with business partners, stakeholders, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.